Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Professor Jack

JoAn Dillinger is doing well. After an eleven hour + surgery yesterday she was sitting up and talking today. Talking about what? Talking to her surgeons about their need for Jesus and the power of prayer! Amazing.

I spent part of today on the phone with a dear man whose young daughter is dying of lung cancer. They think radon caused it for she has never smoked... but no one knows for sure. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Professor Jack was one of the most fascinating and wonderful men I have ever known. He touched us and loved us and we learned from him. And then his addictions took him away -- forever away from us. Please read stephcorp.blogspot.com and karagraves.blogspot.com to hear more of the story of this remarkable man. We want to go down to Cass Park and pass out thousands of cookies in his name. Read their posts and you'll know why. Keep Kara and Stephanie and Josh in prayer. This has hit our giving, serving community hard.

On a happier note, I am on the way home Thursday. They are predicting snow showers the whole way -- 330 miles. I plan to stop on the way at a large guitar shop. Unfortunately, that means I will lust, covet and envy and, therefore, have to repent on Sunday. Good thing I'm already standing up front, huh?

Keeping death in the back of my mind makes me hug my wife and kids a little tighter, have more patience with Scooby the wonder parrot, and not fret so much about lost guitars and broken appointments. God gave us lots of gravel but we don't value it. He gave us few diamonds and little gold so we treasure it. We only treasure that which is limited. Life is limited. Treasure it. Every moment.

I'll hit the road. God bless and cheerio.

2 Comments:

At 12/06/2006 09:59:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes we do need to treasure life and those who live it with us. When we do, it's amazing how it helps to deal with the trials that come our way. I just wish I could always keep that in mind. :0)

 
At 12/07/2006 10:41:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray you make it home safe.
This is my new blog.
See you Sunday.

-Courtney

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home